I’ve been doing a lot of work for clients lately, but I’m also doing my best to build up some great, passive income. Of course, I couldn’t pass up the Christmas season since it went so well last year! I’ve now been at this for two years, and couldn’t be happier. What other “job” lets you stay home with your toddler (with one on the way!), working with people from all over the world, and getting passive income too?
Part of my Christmas strategy involves toys again. Shocker — just one site I set up in the middle of November (read: less than a month ago) has generated over 1K in revenue. That’s pretty sweet, if you ask me. Other Christmas sites are doing pretty well too. I started late, so I’m happy with their earnings so far. Keep in mind that I’m up to my ears in client work, so all of these sites I’ve done for myself are quick little 1 pagers with some autoblog content, as well as reviews pulled from Amazon.
I really have to get back to work (what, doesn’t blogging count as work?), but here is a quick run down of what is working for me if you’re trying to get some fast Christmas revenue.
1. Register a keyword rich domain name (.com, .org, or .net)
2. Write 1 page of highly optimized content (original content)
3. SEO the blog (I’m using WordPress for these quickie sites)
4. Install PhpBay and ReviewAzon
5. Add some bulk posts to automatically post related products using ReviewAzon + set up PhpBay to add to the template
6. Add some autoblog content to pull from article directories, YouTube, and news sites (like Google News and Yahoo News)
7. Add quick Contact page and Sitemap
8. Do a little bit of random promotion
9. Monitor and add to over time, when I get the time 🙂
I’m incorporating a lot of IPK SEO strategies from last year too, by the way. It’s working well, and I’m seeing SEO results, despite the fact that I started so late.
Ho, Ho, Ho!